We all know our fair share of useless facts. They’ve definitely helped start some conversations before so to add to your arsenal, here are 10 useless facts for you to keep in the back of your minds for use in the future:
- The longest fence in the world is in Australia, and it runs for over 5,530 kilometers.
2. Elephants can move their skin to crush mosquitoes between their rolls.
3. The national animal of Scotland is a unicorn.
4. If someone ever gives you jelly with “fresh” pineapple pieces in it, they’re lying. Fresh pineapple contains enzymes which prevents jelly from setting.
5. The dot over the i and j is called a “tittle”. “Octothorp” is the correct name for the pound sign (#).
6. The combination of an exclamation point and question mark is an interrobang. (‽)
7. That -40 degrees Fahrenheit and -40 degrees Celsius are the same temperature. As in both are 233 kelvin.
8. Ohio is the only U.S. state name that doesn’t share any letters with the word “mackerel”.
9. The bridge that connects San Diego from Coronado Island is curved, because to get federal funding for a bridge it must be longer than 2 miles, and the gap is only 1.8 miles.
10. Humans are the only species that actively goes out there seeking and consuming milk from other species.